IBB Polonia London won regular season in volleyball of Super 8 Ligue!
In the last match just before a play off stage, the team of IBB Polonia won in London Docklands IBB : 3:0 (25:13, 25:16, 25:22).
– This victory we dedicate to all our fans, volleyball players and coaches who have been with us through the last forty three years. Today we won the ligue for the first time since 1986. Now it’s time for finals of the cup and play-offs. – says the chairman of IBB Polonia, Bartek Łuszcz.
There are the most important matches of the 2015/2016 season ahead of volleyball players. As soon as on 2nd April, IBB Polonia will play against Team Northumbria in the finals of National Cup. The match will take place in Kettering (National Volleyball Centre, Thurston Drive Kettering NN15 6PB). The tickets are available on https://volleyballengland.org/shop/catagory/12/tickets. Closer to the end of April, volleyball players of IBB Polonia London will play their semi-final battle to advance to play off finals in England Cup for championship.
– We have a thought up plan for preparations for this matches. We will do our best to end the current season in the best possible way, that means celebrating the success. – says the coach of IBB Polonia, Vangelis Koutouleas.
IBB Polonia is bringing up next generation of Polish volleyball players in the UK
Success of IBB Polonia is an inspiration for children training this popular discipline during sessions organised by the club which are run by Grzegorz Niski, the former leading player in the team who now is using not only skills learned over his career but also the knowledge gained at unoversity during his PE course.
– There are 23 children, boys and girls, regularly attending the sessions. We train three times a week. – says G. Niski – We are focusing on volleyball skills. The exercises are always tailored to skills and abilities of young players. We start with organisational issues. Then warm-up and typical exercises, as in volleyball- bouncing, serving, attack and block.
Parents are pleased with the sessions , and so are the young adepts for volleyball players. None of the children who started last year has resigned.
– My son joined in because he needed more physical activity. Football or other disciplines didn’t appeal to him, but he really took in volleyball. – says Maria Matysik, mother of Wiktor. – He’s always cheerful and happy to come to trainngs.
– My daughter decided to join in after a presentation the club gave in our Polish Saturday school. – says Iwona Grabowska, mother of Natalii. – My daughter really enjoys the way the sessions are conducted, set of exercises and engagement of the coach. She knows that she learns from the best ones and this is important to her.
– The atmosphere in trainings is great and makes Wiktor look forward to every next classes. – adds M. Matysik. –This is very important because as I know from other parents, their children don’t often go to sports classes in other sports as eagerly as ours. Here’s different, every training makes my son waiting for the next one meeting in the court.
– The possibility to meet mates training the same discipline gives my daughter a lot of satisfaction. She is always smiling after coming back from trainings so I am not surprised that there are no problems with motivation and attendance in trainings. – adds U. Grabowska.
The paarents also pay their attention to one more important aspect – patriotic awarness.
– Volleyball is a national sport in Poland. We’re proud of our representation, world champions, what also positively influences Natalia. – says Iwona Grabowska. – My daughter wants to be a part of that all what is happening to Polish volleyball and this gives her club run by IBB Polonia which she belongs to. This is a very innovative idea for patriotic activity and bonds with Poland.
– Polonia is not only the embassy of Polish volleyball in the UK, but also the embassy of Poland – adds with a smile Maria Matysik. – Thanks to the classes. our children don’t lose contact with our country as well as with the language. Of course, there are classes in Saturday school, and we also speak Polish at home, but it is extremely important to have contact with the language through the sports ctivities exactly.
Information about the classes can be found on Facebook www.facebook.com/poloniavc.