Following an effective 2016/17 season, the players and members of IBB Polonia London enjoyed a well deserved rest over the summer. Despite the fact that Piotr Graban’s players have been on a break since May, they have been finding the time to stay fit. Many of the players returned to the weights room to maintain their physical power; others enjoyed playing on the sand in a variety of Beach Volleyball events around England. The IBB Polonia London coach didn’t rest on his laurels and during his vacation developed his own volleyball knowledge by taking part in a number of meetings with other coaches and trainers from around the world. He also ran a number of volleyball camps for young and emerging players.
– Following the most successful season in the history of the club; the staff and players enjoyed a well earned rest. Some players continued to enjoy their sport by playing in various beach volleyball competitions; others returned to their „day jobs” while others travelled the world taking in the sites and cuisines. – said Chris Hykiel, IBB Polonia London Sports Director.
The IBB Polonia London players will soon return to the training venue to start to prepare for the new season. The first gathering will be on the 14th August. The new season will bring a number of changes for the roster; a large number of the fans’ favourites will remain, but some new faces will also be warmly welcomed.
– I am delighted to announce that Piotr Graban’s contract has been extended and he will be back within the next week to start pre season try outs. A huge number of players have contacted IBB Polonia London to request a try-out for the 2017-18 season. The squad is definitely going to see some new recruits, as well as some of the fans’ favourites from last season. – commented Chris Hykiel.
– There will be a number of new faces from Slovakia, Brazil and Poland. I currently have ten confirmed players for the season, and will also be testing some new athletes over there next few weeks. – said Head Coach Piotr Graban.
The 2017/18 season will be a new challenge for the double Champions of England. Last season it was evident that there was huge potential in the London based club. A good level of play and organisation allowed for the defence of the Super 8 title and the English Cup. In addition the victories in the CEV Challenge Cup and the signing of Krzysztof Ignaczak sets the bar very high for the imminent season.
– IBB Polonia London’s main aim of the season is to win the Club NEVZA competition. Following on from the huge successes in the CEV Challenge Cup last season, beating some of the top teams from Hungary and Holland, the club change their focus slightly and look to a different competition that will be of a very high standard indeed. – added Hykiel.
– The aim for the season is a similar one to last season. We want to show an entertaining and high level of volleyball. We want to work very hard and continue to develop The Club. I want to develop the players to a higher level and I hope to write a new page in the history of our club, Great Britain and Poland. – added Piotr Graban.
The first match of the 2017/18 will be at the start of October against the other contenders for the Super 8 title. More information about the make up of the 2017/18 roster, the schedule for the season and details about the NEVZA competition will be announced soon on the usual social media outlets.
pic. IBB Polonia London